Go Back   Mitsu-Media > General > Other Vehicles > Motorcycles

Old 03-13-2010, 05:54 PM
Top Site Donator

Your too fine to get road rash. Im just sayin....

http://www.expeditionportal.com/foru...-DuraMax-build
Old 03-13-2010, 07:05 PM
MM Fiend

Here is the thing no matter how careful you are, some dumass will come out of nowhere and hit you. Also if you are thinking of getting a bike for the gas mileage, you're better off getting a moped. Unlike cars bikes require a lot of Maintenance and being 21 and getting a sport bike and assuming you will get one with at least a 600 cc engine, you will be paying a shitload for insurance. Also if you want to change your boyfriend's mind and get some experience on a bike, go to one of those classes that teach you how to ride a bike and a lot of other stuff. Also if you have never rode a bike before I would recommend starting on a smaller bike since those GSXRs aka Gixxer are race bikes. They have powerful brakes and engines and stiffer suspension which can make it harder to control on rough roads and can make it hard for you keep your balance when you go over bumps. They are not as sexy as the Gixxers or as fast but I recommend for you to take a look at Ninja 250s or 500s. Trust me if you start off in one of those you will learn a lot of things and you can always sell them for close to the price you bought them for since they are beginner bikes and keep their values. If you think about it Ken Block didn't drive a STI rally car as his first car and Michael Schumacher didn't drive an F1 car after getting his license! Just my .02 cents.
Old 03-13-2010, 07:09 PM
MM Fiend

Oh I see now I didn't read the post where you said you rode dirt bikes! Lol. Oh and I forgot to say this but wear PROTECTION! I'm not talking about just a helmet and a Jacket. I'm talking about the whole package. From gloves to back protectors get everything you can because they will save you at some point. Also don't buy a Snell approved helmet either. Plan on spending about 1k on gears as well.
Old 03-13-2010, 09:32 PM
MM Addict

Can I ask why you can only spend $600 on a beater car, yet you are planning on going into debt over a Gixxer?

Quote:
To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift.

-Steve Prefontaine
Old 03-14-2010, 12:27 PM
Lifetime VIP

Send a message via AIM to jonbonazza Send a message via MSN to jonbonazza

Carla, I want a bike as much as the next guy (or girl in your case. :P), but think of it this way... You buy a bike as a DD, you get your car running, start driving the car instead. Winter comes around. You car breaks down for some reason. Now what? You can't dd a bike in the winter... Sure they are fun as hell, but think it through before making a decision... IF you do decide to go with a bike, you can get a brand new 2009 GS500F for $4000... I have almost bought one so many times. If it will be your first bike, you don't want a GSXR. Sure the thought of a GSXR is nice, but that is a little--ok a lot--more power than you would need for a first bike...

-1993 Mitsubishi Eclipse 1.8L Base (SOLD!)
-2000 MK1 Audi TT 1.8T FWD (Daily Driver)
Old 03-14-2010, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vr4babe13 View Post
how much ? Just trying to get a feel for how much I should look for
Letting mine go for 5k
Old 03-14-2010, 07:26 PM
Lifetime VIP

Send a message via AIM to Tyler Send a message via MSN to Tyler Send a message via Yahoo to Tyler

Do what you want. I would love to have a bike, but will probably not get one anytime remotely soon because I don't know how to ride and would probably kill myself on one. But if you feel comfortable on a bike, and trust yourself, go for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob View Post
MO mfkrs pwn this forum.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RadDsm View Post
Tyler is pretty secksy.
Old 03-15-2010, 12:52 PM

Dominic- why thank you =]

All you other guys, I appreciate your responses, I have thought about it and I WILL be getting a bike, just not NOW. haha . I am aware of the dangers, as there are many, but what is life without risks, right? ;] Im just that kind of girl I guess, thickheaded. very thickheaded. hehe. I will be purchasing toys when my projects are finished. I have a habit of rushing into things especially when Im interested in them ; cars, bikes, clothes, car parts, more cars, etc. and when I get my first tattoo, Im sure Ill have more plenty of those too. hahaha

I appreciate the help guys,

Spanxx

LaLa