Go Back   Mitsu-Media > General > Other Vehicles > Motorcycles

Old 03-13-2010, 10:10 AM

Default GSXR

I want one. Seriously. I need advice though. I am 21 years old, in college full time and working full time. I own 2 vr4s of which I have loans on (small loans,
< $5000), one vr4 I am getting rid of, therefore less one loan. The problem is I cannot drive the vr4 because it is not done yet, and I don't have a daily driver. I commute to school (100 miles total every day) and my current daily driver is my father's Ford F150, 5.7L V8 Triton.. =[ . I have to put at LEAST $40 in gas every 2 days and I can't afford it. I can find a car for cheap as a daily but then I have to fork out all the money on a car and honestly, what 600 dollar car DOESN'T have problems and need work? None that I have found. I know motorcycles are dangerous, but I do not plan to speed, I don't want to. My uncle lost his leg due to a drunk driver in a CAR and he was on a bike at a STOPLIGHT. He used to professionally race bikes as a hobby. I love bikes and always have. The other problem, my boyfriend is completely against it. Every time I bring it up, NO. lol. What to do?!
Old 03-13-2010, 10:24 AM
Verified User

Send a message via AIM to Jaxness Send a message via MSN to Jaxness Send a message via Yahoo to Jaxness Visit Jaxness's MySpace Visit Jaxness's Facebook

Dont let you're boyfriend tell you what you can and cant have. I have the same problems sometimes. I want a job in corrections, and he is COMPLETELY against it. He's supposed to be in your life to make you happy and help you get things that make you happy. Tell him he needs to trust you're not going to be a retard and speed and all that.

I also want a GSXR. The money I would save in gas would be awesome, plus, my entire family is involved in motorcycles. I grew up around them. I wouldnt speed or be dumb and try stunts. Just something to drive to work when the weather is awesome and maybe cruises to the beach. I just dont have the money right now for one.

Anyways, if you want a bike, get a bike. Dont let someone else have control over what you want.
The kind of car that makes a normal girl seem hot.

Both together is kinda ridiculous.
Old 03-13-2010, 10:26 AM

Jax,

Thanks for that awesome post. That was great positive encouragement and that's really what I have been looking for. I appreciate that alot.

<3

P.S. That is sick that you want a position in corrections! I love seeing women being into things that are male dominated. Its strong. I wish you all the best with that.
Old 03-13-2010, 10:50 AM
MM Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by vr4babe13 View Post
I know motorcycles are dangerous, but I do not plan to speed, I don't want to. My uncle lost his leg due to a drunk driver in a CAR and he was on a bike at a STOPLIGHT.
My .02...

Heres the problem like you stated. You can be the most cautious and safe rider on the road and still be in a terrible accident, because some idiot. BIKES ARE DANGEROUS no doubt about it. I had an R6 and loved it and will be getting one again. Just make sure that when you ride you are %100 aware of all your surroundings. I rode for almost 2 years and almost got hit 2 times because people change lanes without looking. Also parking lots are TERRIBLE for bikes!!!!! People DO NOT pay attention for some reason.

Also another point. I thought my R6 would be cool for a small and I mean small > 20 miles commute. Turns out sport bikes are not the comfortable. To use one for 100 miles a day you might be pretty damn sick of it fast.
Old 03-13-2010, 10:56 AM
Verified User

Send a message via AIM to Jaxness Send a message via MSN to Jaxness Send a message via Yahoo to Jaxness Visit Jaxness's MySpace Visit Jaxness's Facebook

No problem

Both of my parents do corrections. Its expected of my dad, he's a hard ass. But my mom is cool as hell, and doesnt take anybody's shit, lol. It was funny to see her use defensive tactics to put my 6'6'', 230 lb. big brother on the ground.

And like DSM_Khubs said, you've gotta be wicked careful on a bike. If/when I get mine, I'm gonna be the most cautious and paranoid biker out there , lol.
The kind of car that makes a normal girl seem hot.

Both together is kinda ridiculous.
Old 03-13-2010, 11:21 AM

Definitely understand about the paranoia. I would be crazy about that. I dont trust anyone on the road. Theyre scary. The comfort thing, not a problem for me, I mean I rode dirtbikes for years, and wanted to go into racing, but decided to mod cars instead =p . Totally different feeling, I know, but I get the overall concept. What are the best years for the GSXR's , and what is a decent price for a used one within those years? I am not trying to spend crazy money, because I dont have it. I like the 04 body style.
Old 03-13-2010, 11:26 AM
Verified User

I would get a beater Honda. They get killer mpg, are fairly cheap, and are reliable. Only bad part is they are slow as balls. But this will make you hurry up with the vr4.
Old 03-13-2010, 12:33 PM
Lifetime VIP

Honestly in the end it's all up to you. Who cares what anyone else thinks. No one can control what you do with your money besides you. If you find it financially smarter to buy a bike then a car then do that. I have a bike but, I have also gotten into an accident and broken my foot on a bike. To me it doesn't matter if you're in a car or on a bike, both get in accidents. You just have to be more aware of your surroundings on a bike and as long as you aren't being a jackass, you'll do fine.
Old 03-13-2010, 02:39 PM

Im selling mine. kinda a long way away from you though.
Old 03-13-2010, 04:16 PM

how much ? Just trying to get a feel for how much I should look for