Go Back   Mitsu-Media > General > Other Vehicles > Motorcycles

Old 11-30-2011, 11:04 AM
MM Fiend

Send a message via AIM to Sleeper90GST Visit Sleeper90GST's MySpace Visit Sleeper90GST's Facebook
Default 1980 Kawasaki KZ1000E2

Nobody saw this coming. I've been wanting a KZ1000 for a very long time. Old motorcycles are a very large interest to me because you don't see many of them,at least in my area,and they aren't giant rolling pieces of plastic that look identical no matter what the sticker on the gas tank says. KZ1000s were the GSX1300Rs of their day,and finding a KZ that hasn't been turned into a drag bike already is about as easy as playing pick up sticks with your ass. Their were 3 in my area,2 of them were $4,000+,the other was in pieces for $1,000. This bike got traded in at my friends work so I got a great deal on it. Miles are kinda high in my eyes,but it is 31 years old so a little over 1,000 miles have been put on it a year. Thankfully somebody already put a kerker exhaust on this bike. The intake manifold boots are cracked so I have to play around with the choke to ride it,I have new boots that I need to put on it. I plan on buying a APE 1075cc top end kit this winter which includes 12:1 wiseco forged pistons,.410 lift APE cams,valve springs and titanium retainers. This should keep me satisfied for a while until a 1979 Honda CBX or KZ1300 finds its way into my hands.

98 GST...FP Old School Red,Dr.Turbo Head,Kamz,SicksBolt,Keydriver ECU,Wavetrac LSD and lots more
04 Grand Cherokee Overland..Superchips Programmer,Flowmaster Super44,Airaid Intake..Da SUV
03 Acura CL-S 6 speed..DC Headers,Tanabe Exhaust,HFP Wheels...another DD
80 Kaw KZ1000MK2..Kerker pipe,Jetted,Lockhart Oil Cooler..Da OG bike
East Bound and Down.
Old 11-30-2011, 11:50 AM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to ThunderOZ Visit ThunderOZ's Twitter

Now that's old school.
Psssh, I'll tell you where you can shove your "stuff," lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlz0r View Post
So I woke up 4 hours before my alarm and decided to make some cereal for breakfast. I got as far as pouring the milk before I realized that I'd grabbed a plate
Old 11-30-2011, 12:03 PM
Lifetime VIP

Send a message via AIM to kandyinmyvan Send a message via Yahoo to kandyinmyvan

Love it. Time to cafe it?
Old 11-30-2011, 12:30 PM
MM Fiend

Send a message via AIM to Sleeper90GST Visit Sleeper90GST's MySpace Visit Sleeper90GST's Facebook

Shane,i'm somewhat tempted to make it into a Z1000R Eddie Lawson replica. Eddie Lawson was a factory rider for Kawasaki in the early 80s and took home a few trophys in AMA Superbike if I remember right. The 81 and 82 Z1000R Eddie Lawson bikes are damn near impossible to buy for under $6500. I wouldn't cafe this bike because during the summer months,this will be my main transportation and when I go out for a ride,I usually ride for 150+ miles. I would gladly cafe a CB550-4,those seem to be much more attainable and not as rare so I wouldn't have any guilty feelings changing it up. Now i've got a friend who found me a 1984 Kaw GPZ900R for $200 with a title thats been in a garage and in need of fairings. Here is a Eddie Lawson KZ.

98 GST...FP Old School Red,Dr.Turbo Head,Kamz,SicksBolt,Keydriver ECU,Wavetrac LSD and lots more
04 Grand Cherokee Overland..Superchips Programmer,Flowmaster Super44,Airaid Intake..Da SUV
East Bound and Down.
Old 11-30-2011, 12:43 PM
Lifetime VIP

Send a message via AIM to kandyinmyvan Send a message via Yahoo to kandyinmyvan

Hot. Yea I'm with you on the 550s. A cafe CB has been on my radar for a long time.
Old 11-30-2011, 01:10 PM
Top Site Donator

Classic, very cool.

http://www.expeditionportal.com/foru...-DuraMax-build
Old 11-30-2011, 01:48 PM
MM Addict

The first and second bikes I'd ever ridden on pavement were '79 CBX's, my father owned 3 at one point in time. One in each color available; Red, Black, Silver.

Found these from years ago:

Late 70s & early 80's bikes are a huge passion of mine as well, the howl you get from a CBX is unequaled to anything I've ever witnessed.

I've been searching over a year or so now for a CB750F or 900F.
Old 11-30-2011, 02:27 PM
Administrator

Send a message via AIM to jdxnc Send a message via MSN to jdxnc Visit jdxnc's Facebook

Looks in really nice shape for its age!

My uncle has a Z1300, they look pretty damn similar. In his younger years he said he would pull up beside the cops on the highway flip them the bird then take off
Old 11-30-2011, 02:30 PM
MM Fiend

My dad's been owning & building bikes like this since they were new.
My dad had a legit '83 ELR for 20years and sadly finally sold it. Was bike of the month on KZ1000r.com in December 2010 rite before selling it. You can check out the story and pictures here: http://www.kz1000r.com/index.php?opt...=141&Itemid=79
I'd also recommend using that site for any info. A lot of old owners who really are interested in these bikes. The new owner of my dads is currently changing a lot of things on the bike and putting in a built motor to "drag race" it. Kinda saddens me cause it was perfect the way it was. Keep us updated on yours i'd def like to see where it goes.

Talontsi97 videos, Track/Street/Dyno/Show/Race coverage updated weekly. Check it out! http://www.youtube.com/user/talontsi97?feature=mhum

www.kptuning.wordpress.com
Old 11-30-2011, 02:32 PM
MM Fiend

Holly fuck.....a CBX. The person who gave me my CCW and stops by the shop often to talk about guns has a silver 79 CBX hiding in his garage. Ive listened to the KZ1300s on UToob with DG headers on them,definitely must buy some inline six bike. I don't know what it is about metric bikes from the 70s and 80s,but I can never get enough of them. Suzuki RE5,Suzuki GS1100E,GT750 Water Buffalo,Honda CBs and VFRs,Kawasaki KZs and H2 triple,Norton Commando,Triumph twin cylinders. Bad thing about getting back into bikes heavy is they cost the same as a car,just take up less room so its easy for me to buy 3-4 bikes.

East Bound and Down.