Go Back   Mitsu-Media > General > Other Vehicles > Motorcycles

Old 08-04-2010, 09:31 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via Yahoo to BigBen

Thanks bro. I wish it was mines. lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kandyinmyvan View Post
You, sir, should just take my compliments. They are rare as you know.
Old 08-04-2010, 10:13 PM
MM Fiend

Sweet bike! You should ride it sometimes! I love all of Kawasaki's ninja line up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsmdeliveryboy View Post
I love those bikes, but it is pointless to have that much power on a street bike Lol
Actually almost all of the 600cc and up sport bikes are race bikes! The only thing that sets them apart from the ones you see on MotoGP, are the head and taillights along with a license plate and a couple of turn signal lights.
Old 08-04-2010, 10:17 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by armindk View Post
Actually almost all of the 600cc and up sport bikes are race bikes! The only thing that sets them apart from the ones you see on MotoGP, are the head and taillights along with a license plate and a couple of turn signal lights.
Yup thats right. There are very few things different from this bike than ones that we see on tv in the MOTO GP races. Since its 1400cc its used in the big races. lol. Its a beast. I wish I could get a video clip of it, but my camera doesnt do video.

Quote:
Old 08-04-2010, 10:41 PM
MM Fiend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGBEN18 View Post
Yup thats right. There are very few things different from this bike than ones that we see on tv in the MOTO GP races. Since its 1400cc its used in the big races. lol. Its a beast. I wish I could get a video clip of it, but my camera doesnt do video.

They are beasts indeed. Even with a 500cc or 600cc bike you can scare the shit out of yourself. Slap a turbo on that thing and go 200+ mph and you'll have the time of your life. There a ton of videos on youtube with turbo'd ZX-14 and Busa's that go above 200mph in public highways! Shit is insane!
Old 08-04-2010, 10:53 PM
Super Moderator

Yup, my dad told me he hits 150 atleast all the time. IDK thats crazy too me, I dont think I could do it, I'd prolly shit a brick. lmao

Quote:
Old 08-05-2010, 08:42 PM
Lifetime VIP

Visit Brady's MySpace Visit Brady's Facebook Visit Brady's Twitter

Quote:
Originally Posted by armindk View Post
Sweet bike! You should ride it sometimes! I love all of Kawasaki's ninja line up.

And a couple million dollars!
"MotoGP bikes are a one-of-a-kind prototype in which every part is custom made. It's nearly impossible to put a value on a GP motorcycle - though one way to get an idea is to take a look at what it would cost to lease one from a manufacturer: it is in the neighborhood of $3 million a year. The lease price is around the actual value. They are made in single-digit numbers, and the development costs run in the tens of millions of dollars, so a round figure of $2-3 million would be a fair appraisal. The complexity of a Moto GP bike is truly staggering. Many of the bikes have TWO crankshafts to make them gyroscopically neutral. Most also have GPS data of every last square inch of every last track on the schedule, as well as the camber/slope of each corner, so that the onboard computer can apportion just the right amount of engine power to the rear wheel for where the bike is on the track/how hard or soft the tire is/how much grip is available, etc. By understanding this, it is EASY to see how these incredible machines can each be worth $3 million dollars. "

Quote:
Yup, my dad told me he hits 150 atleast all the time. IDK thats crazy too me, I dont think I could do it, I'd prolly shit a brick. lmao
You'd be surprised how high speeds feel not as fast as they really are on motorcycles. I can hit 80mph in the evo and it feels fast, but I can hit 120mph on streets and it doesn't feel that fast honestly. Its very easy to do.

I did 170mph indicated on the track in the front straight and 140-ish in the back straight and it really didn't feel like much..I wanted more honestly lol!

I admit I was dumb doing it, but doing those kind of speeds is completely stupid and pointless, reaction times are so far off at those speeds its asking for a grave. I do not run those kind of speeds on the street anymore, no matter if its a main road or country road. A single pebble in the road will throw you into a violent tank slap and launch you off your bike.

In fact I just got done doing a second annual memorial ride for a fellow rider who was cooking down the road, didn't have enough time to stop for a turning vehicle..didn't even have time to hit his breaks. Hit a truck, literally exploded his zx6r and launched him and his passenger, who was his fiances littler sister, off his motorcycle killing them both instantly. Very sad occasion.

All you riders, rubber side down..ride safe!

Last edited by Brady; 08-05-2010 at 08:53 PM.
Old 08-06-2010, 10:53 AM

Ahhhh where do I start? That is one badass machine that's for sure. I love the rear wheel and tire. I've never seen a tire like that either. And the "remove before flight" tag is cool as hell too.
Old 08-06-2010, 10:59 AM
Super Moderator

After talkin to my dad all he would tell me about the tires is this: He had to ordered them when we were in Germany and they are rain tires.

Quote:
Old 08-06-2010, 01:52 PM
Donating Member

Send a message via AIM to luvmylancer Send a message via Yahoo to luvmylancer Visit luvmylancer's Facebook

Oh lucky, lucky! I so want a bike. Good pictures too.

2003 Mitsubishi Lancer OZ
1988 Nissan 300ZX (sold)
1992 Nissan 300ZX
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1624393559
http://www.cardomain.com/id/minks702
Old 08-06-2010, 06:50 PM
Lifetime VIP

Visit Brady's MySpace Visit Brady's Facebook Visit Brady's Twitter

Quote:
After talkin to my dad all he would tell me about the tires is this: He had to ordered them when we were in Germany and they are rain tires.
yea the tread did look like a rain tire to me. Just go outside and all you have to do is look on the side wall of the tire like you would a car.

Post up what it says or PM me. I doubt you can only get them from Germany.