Go Back   Mitsu-Media > General > Product, Parts, And Vendor Review > Suspension/Brakes

Old 09-24-2010, 08:40 AM
Lifetime VIP

Send a message via AIM to dsm16g20psi Visit dsm16g20psi's Facebook Visit dsm16g20psi's Twitter
Default Who has modified suspension? Post em.

I wanted to get a thread going for people that have modified thier suspension. Post your before and after pics as well as why you chose that particular suspension setup. Also post wheather you're setup is for road course, drag, or rally. I will start.

Before

After

I chose K sport adjustable coilovers because a local guy sold them to me for $250.00 . They were in pretty decent shape when I got them. Just had to replace one of the struts ($25.00) and replace the coil springs ($50.00). I cleaned them up a bit with a wire brush as well. Here is a pic of them when I got them.

Since installing them and driving on them for 6 months, I enjoy them. The body roll is almost non existant, the traction on launches is a ton better, and it handles very well. Overall judging from customer service, product durability, availability of parts, and ease of installation. I would give them an A-.
Old 09-24-2010, 11:52 AM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to Doubleot Send a message via MSN to Doubleot Send a message via Yahoo to Doubleot

Before

After

I bought these Brand new from a local friend. He is a vendor for a few company's and said he could get me these for 680 on his first order. I wasn't going to complain, Gave him the money and 2 weeks later I had them on. Can't say I use them for a specific type of racing since I go from Drag to Auto X quite often. Overall I think these handle very well, Minimized body roll, and have the most comfortable ride for being 1 Piece coil overs. Over all, A
Can't believe I forgot got to mention the brand, Megan Full Coilovers.

Last edited by Doubleot; 09-27-2010 at 08:54 PM. Reason: I'm a retard.
Old 09-24-2010, 12:54 PM
Lifetime VIP

I don't have a before picture.... My car had cheap e-bay springs on when I got it... I'm running KYB Adjustable Shocks with Megan Racing Springs. Set up for street at the moment.

Old 09-24-2010, 01:47 PM
MM Fiend

Road and Hillclimb

Old 09-24-2010, 02:00 PM
Lifetime VIP

I don't have a stock suspension "before" pic to share, because I've never had stock suspension on my car. I was originally using Tokico blues with Eibach Sportlines, then switched to Koni yellows with Hypercoil springs. I ultimately ended up with D2 coilovers. I love the fact that the distance between the spring perch and the lower mount is adjustable without sacrificing shock travel. This allows me to have much more shock travel at my very low ride height. A huge plus!

My Before (Tokico/Eibach combo):

Last edited by 99gst_racer; 09-27-2010 at 11:04 PM.
Old 09-24-2010, 02:37 PM
Lifetime VIP

Send a message via AIM to korndogg

Paul, I didn't know you were on this site. Welcome.

I remember you from the tuners forums from a bunch of years ago. And of course the link forums.
11.05@127 in 2010. Parted it out. Built Evo coming for 2011
Old 09-24-2010, 09:49 PM
Lifetime VIP

Thanks man. I've been lurking all year, but recently became active.

Old 09-24-2010, 10:49 PM
Administrator

Send a message via AIM to jdxnc Send a message via MSN to jdxnc Visit jdxnc's Facebook

No before pics, but the car is sitting on a set of Tein Super Street's. 1.9" drop in the front, 1.5" in the rear. Car handles beautifully, takes corners with no body roll, no wheel hop on launches, fairly smooth ride. I use the car for everything from the track to DD status.

Old 09-27-2010, 11:19 AM
MM Fiend

Send a message via AIM to Sleeper90GST Visit Sleeper90GST's MySpace Visit Sleeper90GST's Facebook

Went from some stupid slip on coilovers on 4 blown stock struts to Tein S tech springs and KYB GR2 struts. I myself HATE cars that sit on the ground but not a fan of monster truckin either. I'm satisfied with my selection of parts.

98 GST...FP Old School Red,Dr.Turbo Head,Kamz,SicksBolt,Keydriver ECU,Wavetrac LSD and lots more
04 Grand Cherokee Overland..Superchips Programmer,Flowmaster Super44,Airaid Intake..Da SUV
03 Acura CL-S 6 speed..DC Headers,Tanabe Exhaust,HFP Wheels...another DD
80 Kaw KZ1000MK2..Kerker pipe,Jetted,Lockhart Oil Cooler..Da OG bike
East Bound and Down.
Old 09-27-2010, 11:37 AM
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doubleot View Post
Before
I bought these Brand new from a local friend. He is a vendor for a few company's and said he could get me these for 680 on his first order. I wasn't going to complain, Gave him the money and 2 weeks later I had them on. Can't say I use them for a specific type of racing since I go from Drag to Auto X quite often. Overall I think these handle very well, Minimized body roll, and have the most comfortable ride for being 1 Piece coil overs. Over all, A
Maybe I'm blind, but did you even include a brand name? I'm just a little confused about the details of your suspension...