Go Back   Mitsu-Media > Vendor Forums > Prosport Gauges

Old 05-17-2009, 05:49 PM
Lifetime VIP

Send a message via AIM to Tyler Send a message via MSN to Tyler Send a message via Yahoo to Tyler
Default Prosport Wideband Instructions

I lost mine, and get the gist of the install, but was wondering about the wiring of the power cable. There are red, black, orange, and white wires I need to use IIRC. What do the white and orange go to? From my experience with prosport's gauges, the white is for 12v ignition and orange is the headlight switch for the changing colors correct? So im a little confused on the orange wire. Let me know? Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob View Post
MO mfkrs pwn this forum.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RadDsm View Post
Tyler is pretty secksy.
Old 05-17-2009, 06:46 PM
Lifetime VIP

What Color is your gauge. Mine is White/Amber, I have mine setup for white during the day and Amber at night.

This is the basic setup.

Red - Ignition (+12v)
Black - Ground
White - Ignition (+12v)
Orange - Parking lights
Old 05-17-2009, 07:16 PM
MM Fiend

Prosport will also fax you instructions upon request.
Old 05-17-2009, 09:31 PM
Lifetime VIP

Send a message via AIM to Tyler Send a message via MSN to Tyler Send a message via Yahoo to Tyler

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSMTalonTsiAwd View Post
What Color is your gauge. Mine is White/Amber, I have mine setup for white during the day and Amber at night.

This is the basic setup.

Red - Ignition (+12v)
Black - Ground
White - Ignition (+12v)
Orange - Parking lights
Mine isnt a normal gauge like that. Im talking about the electronic wideband gauge. From what I know, it doesnt change from day to night. My boost gauge is wired just like yours, but the orange wire confuses me on the wideband because to my knowledge, at least on the other gauges, it is only used to change to amber color.l

Quote:
MO mfkrs pwn this forum.
Quote:
Tyler is pretty secksy.
Old 05-17-2009, 10:25 PM
Mitsu-Media Vendor

Send a message via AIM to 95TSIAWD$

I'm not sure about the orange but the white is to datalog with which should go to your Rear O2 input at the ECU or whatever you choose to log with but on a 2G that is what your best option is.

PM Me for Powdercoating quotes, etc
http://detectivecoating.webs.com/
Old 05-17-2009, 10:56 PM
MM Fiend

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95TSIAWD$ View Post
I'm not sure about the orange but the white is to datalog with which should go to your Rear O2 input at the ECU or whatever you choose to log with but on a 2G that is what your best option is.
To my understanding, the Prosport WB does not have datalogging capablities. Correct me if I'm wrong.
Old 05-17-2009, 11:48 PM
Mitsu-Media Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspiredAuto View Post
To my understanding, the Prosport WB does not have datalogging capablities. Correct me if I'm wrong.
May be true. I looked around a little and didn't see anything showing any type of logging capabilities. Hell you might as well just buy a narrowband for the light show. What a waste of money. WTH is the point in having a wideband if you have no way to datalog what the WBO2 is reading. Do they expect you to be watching your AFR's precisely as you do a WOT pull in 3rd gear going close to 100mph and guessing where it was at a certain RPM and going from there to tune with. Pretty pathetic if you ask me, then again I didn't see many good reviews throughout google about their gauges anyhow.

Old 05-18-2009, 05:14 AM
Lifetime VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95TSIAWD$ View Post
May be true. I looked around a little and didn't see anything showing any type of logging capabilities. Hell you might as well just buy a narrowband for the light show. What a waste of money. WTH is the point in having a wideband if you have no way to datalog what the WBO2 is reading. Do they expect you to be watching your AFR's precisely as you do a WOT pull in 3rd gear going close to 100mph and guessing where it was at a certain RPM and going from there to tune with. Pretty pathetic if you ask me, then again I didn't see many good reviews throughout google about their gauges anyhow.
I've heard some good things about them. I bought it because it matched my other gauge. But from what i've looked into, you can run the sensor to the ecu and it will be visible through dsmlink and such, but im not positive. Whenever they check the thread Im sure Prosport will be able to answer this.

Quote:
MO mfkrs pwn this forum.
Quote:
Tyler is pretty secksy.
Old 05-20-2009, 03:58 AM
Lifetime VIP

Instructions were found. The Orage wire is for the dimmer on the gauge. Problem solved. Thread can be closed.

Quote:
MO mfkrs pwn this forum.
Quote:
Tyler is pretty secksy.
Old 05-20-2009, 09:31 AM
Mitsu-Media Vendor

I'd still like to know if it has datalogging capabilities...