Go Back   Mitsu-Media > General > Mitsubishi News

Old 09-15-2013, 08:53 AM
Lifetime VIP

Send a message via AIM to silent_kreeper Visit silent_kreeper's Facebook Visit silent_kreeper's Twitter
Default Mitsubishi trying to stay alive

http://m.autoblog.com/2013/09/15/mit...usaolp00000599
Old 10-15-2013, 10:25 PM

Visit StallionProject86's Facebook Visit StallionProject86's Twitter

Such a shame. Their eco trip didn't go as planned. As sad as it is to say they gave up when the eclipse went to an FF platform..and not offering a turbo version. I'll say it again I really think they could still move forward by adding a revised starion (RWD, coupe, big displacement, and a turbo) The FR-S for example is selling like hot cakes. Even I've come to own one.

Daily driven Gt86 with. . . mainly cosmetic stuff going on
Old 10-17-2013, 11:21 AM
Lifetime VIP

Send a message via AIM to kandyinmyvan Send a message via Yahoo to kandyinmyvan

Mitsu has the most boring lineup of any car company I can think of. When KIA has become more exciting than you, you know you're in a trouble.
Old 10-17-2013, 10:48 PM
Lifetime VIP

Send a message via AIM to silent_kreeper Visit silent_kreeper's Facebook Visit silent_kreeper's Twitter

They're very boring... Lancer and Outlander is it, everything else sucks.
Old 10-18-2013, 06:24 AM
Verified User

Visit MARTINI's Facebook

Each year the Wall Street Journal does an articles naming the top 10 brands that will disappear in the up coming year and they have a pretty good success rate at predicting the demise of these companies. This is their 2014 prediction list and Mitsu has made the list...

1. JC Penny
  2. Nook
  3. Martha Stewart Magazine
  4. Living Social
  5. Volvo (US Market)
  6. Olympus
  7. WNBA
  8. Leap Wireless
  9. Mitsubishi Motors(US Market)
  10. Road & Track

This is what they say about Mitsubishi Motors

Quote:
While it never had a massive presence in the United States, the niche Japanese automaker has had some success with models like the Lancer and the Eclipse. However, Mitsubishi Motors will soon exit the U.S. market, just as its Japanese rival, American Suzuki Motor Corp., did at the end of last year. Its sales are nose diving. In 2012, Mitsubishi sold fewer than 60,000 units in the United States, down from nearly 80,000 in 2011. That decline was the biggest of any auto brand and has continued this year. In the first four months of the year, sales have fallen by 6.5% to just 20,571 vehicles. The U.S. market share of Mitsubishi was only 0.3% in April. Mitsubishi does not have the advantages of some other companies with low market shares — it is not a luxury car company like Porsche and Land Rover, which sell high-end cars and command high prices. The average price for Mitsubishi’s seven models is under $25,000. One of the company’s weaknesses is this small model lineup. Mitsubishi is further hampered by the public’s perception of its products. In the new J.D. Power vehicle dependability survey, it ranked third from last out of 33 brands.
Read the full articles here:
http://247wallst.com/special-report/...ppear-in-2014/
www.ritunerz.net
www.facebook.com/ritunerz
Old 11-08-2013, 07:29 AM

I was told multiple times by mitsu reps that they have no intentions of leaving the US and their worldwide market is doing very well still.

The introduction of the mirage is a good example that they are here to stay and plan to introduce more models to choose from.

I do believe mitsu lacks on the advertising end of it here in the US. If anyone has ever wondered why Kia's soul has been such a good sale, it's mostly due to the damn hamsters riding around with different music in each commercial. This made people remember seeing the soul and wanting to check it out leading to a purchase. Advertisement is a powerful key player that leads to direct sales. I think mitsu really needs to advertise the mirage NOW more than ever, not just say it gets 40+mpg with 4 doors and cross their fingers on sales.

99 Galant 6g74T 315whp/303wtq
03 Galant 4g64T 265whp/250wtq
06 Evolution 370whp/350wtq