Go Back   Mitsu-Media > General > Mitsubishi News > Other Automotive News

Old 05-01-2011, 03:05 AM
Lifetime VIP

Send a message via AIM to kandyinmyvan Send a message via Yahoo to kandyinmyvan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedobear View Post
I agree with you 100% about this thread, but I had to point out that the Evo wasn't axed due to poor sales. It was axed because Mitsubishi doesn't want to go the "sports car" route anymore.
But, if it sold more they wouldn't want to change routes.
Old 05-01-2011, 07:57 AM
MM Fiend

I believe they are keeping the evo in the lineup now still. Its gonna be a much different, tree huggers version of the evo, but it will retain the evo badge.
Old 05-01-2011, 09:45 AM
Super Moderator

Shane, you're tax dollars aren't paying for anything. The government made a profit off GM and Chrysler. GM paid off their high-interest loans awhile ago, wayyyy ahead of time. Chrysler is set to pay off their's very soon. It was a risky and controversial idea at the time, but for once our government did something right.

Mitsu-Media Photographers Flickr

Team MOfkrs?
Old 05-01-2011, 12:58 PM
Lifetime VIP

Visit K06a's Facebook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedobear View Post
I agree with you 100% about this thread, but I had to point out that the Evo wasn't axed due to poor sales. It was axed because Mitsubishi doesn't want to go the "sports car" route anymore.
If there was money being made, they wouldn't have changed their mind.

I'm for the production of this car, just because the masses are driving prius's and talking in their iPhones doesn't mean I'm going to. Chances are if you can afford the 40k price tag (over a 15-20k corolla) you can afford the gas for it too. Not everyone wants to drive the same fucking car as everyone else. and If I can sport a sedan that will safely transport my daughter on one day, yet blow by civics and mustangs on another I will (and I do)
Old 05-01-2011, 01:07 PM
Lifetime VIP

Send a message via AIM to silent_kreeper Visit silent_kreeper's Facebook Visit silent_kreeper's Twitter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsidrift1 View Post
I believe they are keeping the evo in the lineup now still. Its gonna be a much different, tree huggers version of the evo, but it will retain the evo badge.

Where did you read this at? Not douting you just wanna read it.
Old 05-01-2011, 01:18 PM
Lifetime VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by SixFourTwoHero View Post
Shane, you're tax dollars aren't paying for anything. The government made a profit off GM and Chrysler. GM paid off their high-interest loans awhile ago, wayyyy ahead of time. Chrysler is set to pay off their's very soon. It was a risky and controversial idea at the time, but for once our government did something right.
Firstly, the govt still owns over 30% of GM. Secondly, you completely miss the point if you think once(if) they pay us back we're no longer invested. The govt has shown(decided) that the auto industry is of national importance. This means that unless there is a massive shift in our mentality of the role of govt(we can only hope) we are forever invested in these companies, even if we don't own a share at the time. If the companies continue to fail and produce cars that don't sell we will once again foot the bill to save them. Lets not even begin with the govt-appointed ceo and board of GM.

For the record, I could care less about the most economical choice. I will drive what I want to drive instead of what I should drive.
Old 05-01-2011, 01:58 PM
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kandyinmyvan View Post
But, if it sold more they wouldn't want to change routes.
I'm not doubting that, but do you think Mitsubishi's bread and butter was the Evo? Most performance models are there for enthusiasts to purchase and make more of a name for the brand, not so much be the bread and butter of sales. That would be INCREDIBLY foolish of any auto manufacturer to push sales of a performance model that only appeals to a small percentage of the market share. Long story short, I'm sure Mitsubishi axed the Evo line more because they wanted to take a different approach than poor sales of just ONE type of package of a particular model out of an entire lineup of vehicles.

SOMEONE BUY MY DAMN CAR
Old 05-01-2011, 02:22 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kandyinmyvan View Post
Firstly, the govt still owns over 30% of GM. Secondly, you completely miss the point if you think once(if) they pay us back we're no longer invested. The govt has shown(decided) that the auto industry is of national importance. This means that unless there is a massive shift in our mentality of the role of govt(we can only hope) we are forever invested in these companies, even if we don't own a share at the time. If the companies continue to fail and produce cars that don't sell we will once again foot the bill to save them. Lets not even begin with the govt-appointed ceo and board of GM.

For the record, I could care less about the most economical choice. I will drive what I want to drive instead of what I should drive.
This is why I don't do politics. I didn't know about any of that shit. And I still don't care. Nothing you or I could ever do about it.

Mitsu-Media Photographers Flickr

Team MOfkrs?
Old 05-01-2011, 03:18 PM
Lifetime VIP

We can change it, but it's a generational process. It has little to do with votes and more to do with personal responsibility. We've slowly become so accustomed to large govt, that we've become dependent upon it. We can wean ourselves off, but it takes time and tough choices for the individual that are non-intuitive.

Good discussion fellas
Old 05-01-2011, 03:57 PM
Lifetime VIP

Send a message via AIM to silent_kreeper Visit silent_kreeper's Facebook Visit silent_kreeper's Twitter

Sux that we bail them out with our tax dollars and the Government owns 30% yet its still so damn hard to get a new car. Spend money to make money and yet it seems like they don't want the little peoples money.