Go Back   Mitsu-Media > General > Mitsubishi News > Other Automotive News

Old 04-29-2011, 04:30 PM
Lifetime VIP

Send a message via AIM to kandyinmyvan Send a message via Yahoo to kandyinmyvan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SixFourTwoHero View Post
I have to call you out on this one.

If a company did what you think they should do, then every car would have a Toyota badge. Sure, they are good cars and they sell, but where is the character? In my opinion, every full-line manufacturer needs to have a "sport line". The SRT, SS, Type-S etc. monikers are for the enthusiasts. Aren't you an enthusiast? Didn't you buy the top model of the Talon?

I know you're a very intelligent man, Shane. But I'm a bit baffled that you are letting this shit spew out of your MOfkr cock gobbler.
Well, there is a reason that Toyota is the top auto-maker. They understand the consumer and create cars that sell. And I really wouldn't give a fuck except that I have involuntarily invested in this company with promises that American automakers would begin to make vehicles that turn profits and make sense for the average car buyer. A 6.4L ~500hp sedan doesn't seem like it will do either of those things. It's cool, no doubt. But is a Corolla cool? Nope. Do they sell? Yes.

Also, I'd hardly call an American wannabe-Bentley sedan stuffed with a massive engine an enthusiast's car.

And for the record, I bought a top of the line Talon for $3600. They haven't released the new price, but I'm sure it tops $40k. Does that seem like a good idea to you?

Chrysler owns three of the seven auto brands with the worst reputations by consumers. Is this car really going to improve that?
Old 04-29-2011, 04:39 PM
Verified User

I've gotta agree with kandy here. He's got a hot girlfriend.
Old 04-29-2011, 06:10 PM
Lifetime VIP

Send a message via AIM to Tyler Send a message via MSN to Tyler Send a message via Yahoo to Tyler

I like the rear end. The new SRT cars are actually pretty cool. Besides that faggy CSRT. The new chargers are legit as fuck, and I'm sure this car will get down too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob View Post
MO mfkrs pwn this forum.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RadDsm View Post
Tyler is pretty secksy.
Old 04-29-2011, 07:43 PM
Lifetime VIP

Send a message via AIM to silent_kreeper Visit silent_kreeper's Facebook Visit silent_kreeper's Twitter

I would buy it but rather have the Charger GSS.
Old 04-29-2011, 08:53 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to ThunderOZ Visit ThunderOZ's Twitter

Cars like that are not made for the average american, they are for the enthusiasts, for those who want performance and a thrill.
Psssh, I'll tell you where you can shove your "stuff," lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlz0r View Post
So I woke up 4 hours before my alarm and decided to make some cereal for breakfast. I got as far as pouring the milk before I realized that I'd grabbed a plate
Old 04-30-2011, 12:39 AM
Lifetime VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderOZ View Post
Cars like that are not made for the average american, they are for the enthusiasts, for those who want performance and a thrill.
Which is a small portion of the market. I'm just speaking out of my pocket here. You and I paid for the production of this car. Is it really a wise investment?
Old 04-30-2011, 06:55 AM
MM Fiend

There are still plenty of people out there that wont let gas prices affect their ability to have fun. This is an example of that. While they wont sell like camrys, they will sell to the right buyer.

I for one, HATE, that the american car makers are stepping it up with some bad boy toys, ie. new mustang, camaro etc. These cars are coming off the line with some power again, like they did in the early days.

While this is going on, mitsu and the other import car makers are falling way to the tree huggers and making cars that drink gas from a fucking sippie cup and have no power and no fun involved.

I still see plenty of people buying new camaros and mustangs and driving the piss out of them. I just hate the the import companys havnt fought back at all with something to give the american automakers a run for their money.

Make some cars that get excellent gas mileage, please. BUT, dont make every fucking car you plan to make, a pussy when it comes to performance cause you are so worried about the enviroment and rising gas prices. There will always be a buyer for cars like the evo, wrx, supra, etc.

I always joke with my friends. I am gonna be the outlaw in 30 yrs when they ban gasoline cars lol. Ill still be hauling ass in my evo/dsm/gvr4 whatever I have! lol No cat, no emissions, fuck all that!
Old 04-30-2011, 01:11 PM
Lifetime VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsidrift1 View Post
I just hate the the import companys havnt fought back at all with something to give the american automakers a run for their money.
It's funny that you use the term "run for their money". In case you haven't noticed, the Americans are the ones that don't make money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsidrift1 View Post
There will always be a buyer for cars like the evo, wrx, supra, etc.
Apparently there won't always be a buyer since the Evo is planned to be cut and the Supra has been dead for years. Clearly there weren't enough buyers so those cars were axed.
Old 04-30-2011, 05:38 PM
MM Fiend

haha, I knew I would get some heat for my comments.

When I say run for their money, I am talking from a performance standpoint. I dont care who is making more money.

I know the imports sell more cars. I am speeking from a performance standpoint in saying that the american auto makers are kicking the imports ass in performance now. I know its about money and sales, but damn, let the import companies bring something cool back.
Old 04-30-2011, 06:04 PM
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kandyinmyvan View Post
It's funny that you use the term "run for their money". In case you haven't noticed, the Americans are the ones that don't make money.

Apparently there won't always be a buyer since the Evo is planned to be cut and the Supra has been dead for years. Clearly there weren't enough buyers so those cars were axed.
I agree with you 100% about this thread, but I had to point out that the Evo wasn't axed due to poor sales. It was axed because Mitsubishi doesn't want to go the "sports car" route anymore.

SOMEONE BUY MY DAMN CAR